The APCO NRG is the “Bad Boy” in Apco’s Paramotor wings family. Like your kid brother, it’s small but with a lot of attitude. It is a specifically designed slalom racing wing that’s also fun to just play around with. Speed and handling characterize this wing but it’s real virtues are stability and safety in extreme maneuvers. We are proud of this wing and are sure you will be too..
You want the Speed !!!
SPEED – The NRG is designed for pylon racing or just for high speed fun flying. Equipped with the new “One Action Acceleration” (OAA) system, at a max speed of over 75 [Km/h], It will literally leave only it’s smoke behind for other wings. Pushing on the speed bar you feel like sitting on top of a rocket accelerating away from the rest.
Agility a must !!!
AGILITY – while only thinking about turning you will realize you are already facing the other way. The NRG will turn on a dime and carve around the course with the precision of a a surgeon’s knife precision.
You need Stability!!!
STABILITY – speed and agility mean nothing without stability to utilize them to fullest! NRG shares the same proven reflex profile as our Force and Lift. This auto pitch stable profile in conjunction with it’s high wing loading and special design features produce explosive characteristics in speed and handling but without losing anything in rock solid stability of the wing. Tip steering insures maximum safety by maintaining the Reflex shape of the profile at all times even while turning.
You have to have it pilot friendly!!!
Inflation is like child’s play. This small wing just jumps overhead and stops directly above you, floating effortlessly, waiting for you to pick up speed. (attributed to our “SRS” system) Take off speed is surprisingly slow for such a small wing. Flare is superbly efficient, converting the high speed eNRGy into a stand still.
Not forgetting Performance!!!
Performance was not forgotten on this unique wing. It comes standard with unsheathed Vectran and Kevlar competition lines – for optimized performance and maximum fuel economy.
It should be FUN!!!
The NRG is designed for pilots that are looking to up their fun factor. NRG will shoot fresh adrenaline into even the most experienced pilots and in capable hands it is a world class slalom competition wing, but also cross country pilots will enjoy the wing. Perfectly suited to cover great distances at amazing speed.
- OAA® – one action acceleration – Integrated trimmers and speed system for one action simultaneous operation more »
- Vectran and Kevlar Competition lines combine for optimized performance.
- 3 optional brake configuration for optimized personal comfort and efficiency.
- Improved Tip steering system, for high speed Slalom flying.
- Proven Reflex profile for maximum stability in extreme slalom racing conditions.
- SRS® – APCO’s exclusive Stall Recovery System for built-in passive safety more »
- SRS® aided – for low speed take-off and landing more »
- SRS® Built-in for perfect launch more »
- HIT valve® equipped leading edge, APCO unique feature for improved stability more »
- Flexon® battens system for ultimate durability – pioneered by APCO more »
- High quality Pulleys – ball bearing rotating for easy and smooth speed bar operation
- Replaceable trim webbing and camet buckle long-lasting trouble-free service more »
- Great drag reduction – almost 100m. less lines – advanced 3 row bottom line construction
- Minimal drag, embedded hook-in point for unprecedented drag reduction, APCO exclusive.
- Advanced diagonal rib structure
- Split A risers with built-in safe and wide speed range
- Hybrid fabric construction.
- Butt Holes
- Swivels on brake handles
- Integral, built-in, Neodymium brake magnets
- Extremely easy inflation, launch and landing
- Universal riser accelerator and trimmers to fit any paramotor frame
- Color design – astonishingly attractive
- Under 4 [Kg] !
OAA®, Flexon battens® , HIT Valves ® ,SRS® and embedded hook-in points are exclusive APCO innovations, often imitated, never matched!!
|Area (projected) [m2]||23.18||24.8|
|Span(incl. Stabiliser) [m]||9.53||10.08|
|Span (projected) [m]||7.96||9.97|
|Aspect Ratio (projected)||3.83||4|
|Pilot Weight (all up paramotor unit) [kg]||70-115||90-135|
|Canopy Weight [kg]||4||4.3|
|Root Chord [m]||2.36||2.36|
|Tip Chord [m]||0.39||0.39|
|Length of Lines on B [m]||5.51||6.06|
|Total Length of Lines [m]||229||253|
|18 and 20||Load test pending.The NRG has been thoroughly tested by our team according to LTF requirements.|
|V-trim off [km/h]||56|
|Min Sink [m/s] at optimal wing loading||≤ 1.4 m/sec|
CONSTRUCTION AND MATERIALS
The glider is made from tear resistant Ripstop Nylon cloth, which is P.U. coated to zero porosity and then siliconized to give the fabric high resistance to the elements. Different cloth is used for the top, bottom and ribs due to their different functions. The lines are a combination of unsheathed Vectran and Kevlar competition lines for optimized performance. The main brake lines are made of polyester because of its better mechanical properties. The karabiners that attach the lines to the risers are made of stainless steel.
|L/E Top Bottom||“Zero Porosity” Ripstop Nylon|
|Rear Top Bottom||“Zero Porosity” Ripstop Nylon|
|Material||Diameter [mm]||Strength [kg]|
Bottom (C; St)
Brake Cascades; St top