When is a dropzone not just a dropzone? When it’s Glidersports of course!
Welcome to the Midwest’s premier skydiving facility! Glidersports Skydiving is here to offer Southwest Missouri something it’s never seen before: the best location, the most dedicated and experienced staff, and the newest and fastest fleet of performance aircraft in the region…seven days a week, 365 days a year! If you live in Kansas City, Springfield, Joplin, Lake of the Ozarks, Jefferson City or the Columbia areas we’re just a stone’s throw away. We are a new addition to the community, but we’re betting that once you’ve jumped with us, you’ll always want to come back!
Whether you’re a seasoned belly flier, a wingsuit pilot looking for a flock, or a windtunnel trained shredder, whatever your need, we have the speed! At Glidersports Skydiving, we’re dedicated to safety and performance – and we believe that neither should compromise the other. We are unlike any other dropzone in the Midwest, and we’d like to prove it to you. Our philosophy is simple: Skydiving is aviation. It is an adult sport with adult consequences. As adults, fun jumpers should be free to make decisions regarding their own safety and performance. Here are just a few things we offer the experienced skydiver at Glidersports Skydiving:
– Guaranteed lowest-priced jumps in the region, period. We’ll match or beat anyone’s prices!
– We are open for skydiving year-round, seven days a week. With a turbine. Tired of getting bumped for a tandem? Not gonna happen here.
– We have the fastest and newest fleet of high-performance skydiving aircraft within 400 miles, including:
- Our flagship, our pride and joy, the newly-converted Cessna Caravan Supervan 900 Turbine.
- The baddest, most modified, and well-equipped wide-body C-182 you ever have ever seen or jumped from. Seriously.
– The absolute fastest load turnaround times to 14,500 feet – we highly recommend you come out with two rigs if you have them. (Easier to make back-to-back loads that way!)
– We offer high-altitude oxygen loads to 18,000 feet on a regular basis. You can find masks and canulets available for purchase from manifest.
– World class, highly experienced pilots and staff – the best of the best, and all with aviation backgrounds!
– We have 350 square acres worth of open landing area, and the means to come get you if you happen to land out!
– *No AAD required – it’s your choice.
– *Hook turns ARE allowed…we even have a place for you to swoop!
– Swoop Pond! We are the only drop zone in the area with a swoop pond for those wanting to strut their stuff.
– *No restrictions on canopy choice…within reason.
– *Camera/GoPro jumping allowed on a case by case basis.
– Rigging: Full On Site Service with same day rigging available!
– Large covered and carpeted packing area; packing services also available!
– Gear rental: Whether your new and need a big 260 or a seasoned pro looking for something cross-braced. We have something for you to rent.
– Gear Sales: Talk to us about Aerodyne, Alti-2, Cookie, GoPro, etc. Come check out our HUGE selection in our fully stocked gear store. That’s right, store… not a cabinet.
– Load organizing, Coaching
– Birddog Rewards: Bring in a tandem or a paying first time student and earn free jumps!
We love to cool down after a long day of skydiving, and we’ll sometimes enjoy a spirited after-hours get-together under the stars. We love to cook out, and we have plenty of grills and other equipment to put a pretty decent spread together – ask around, make friends, and feel free to bring a dish, contribute to the evening meal, or we may head into town for some Mexican food and libations! Need a place to crash while you’re here? We have a very cool bunkhouse with beds available for $25 per night, with a full kitchen, two bathrooms/showers, and laundry facilities. Bring your own bedding, or get sheets and towels for a small fee. It’s a very comfortable place to sleep, and it beats renting an expensive hotel room, or having to drive two hours to get home, when all you really want to do is be here so you can skydive with us again in the morning! Family Friendly! There’s no need to leave the family at home! We’re a kid and dog-friendly dropzone – after all, we have kids and dogs, too. The airport is a lot of fun, but there are some unsafe areas, so we do ask that parents be vigilant!
We’re located just over an hour south of Kansas City, three miles from historic Clinton, MO. We offer the best view from altitude in the state of Missouri, right over beautiful Truman Reservoir. The views at sunset are simply breathtaking! Anyone for a sunset
The leading city in Missouri’s Golden Valley, Clinton is considered the gateway to Truman Reservoir. There’s plenty of antique and craft shopping in the area, as well the historic downtown district, featuring the Henry County Museum. The airport is just fifteen minutes away from Truman Lake, and just three minutes away from gas, food, lodging, and shopping!
10,500ft in the 182 or 14,500ft in the Supervan 900
Hop & Pop
Either plane – 3,500-5,500ft sometimes a lot more out of the Supervan 900